Currently, the travel advice on GOV.UK states Brits must not fly abroad unless they have a legally permitted reason.
But since coronavirus restrictions are slowly starting to ease across the UK, all we're thinking about right now is a summer holiday.
Ahead of restrictions lifting from April 12, Borrow A Boat reported a 600% increase in enquires, for both UK and trips abroad.
The company offers a similar service as Airbnb but for boats and it's proven popular since it was launched back in 2017.
It lists around 35,000 vessels in more than 65 countries, including the UK, the Mediterranean, South East Asia and the Caribbean.
Matt Ovenden, the founder of Borrow A Boat, believes Brits will be able to take advantage with different waterways the UK can offer.
The company is on a mission to make boating more accessible, affordable, flexible and inclusive for all.
Peer-to-peer charter enables owners to offset the high costs of boat ownership by reducing maintenance costs and marina fees.
Borrow A Boat has all types of vessels available too, from paddleboard, catamarans, motorboats, river boats and even superyachts.
Boats can be hired with or without a skipper depending on the sailor's experience.
Spain extends ban on Brits yet again – latest travel advice for UK nationals
All the boats meet the safety and insurance codes, standards and regulations for yacht chartering in their respective locations.
The experience doesn't have to be expensive either as rental starts from just £40 per day and sailing yachts from £1,000 per week.
Luxury motorboats and superyachts, under Borrow A Boat Plus, will cost approximately £10,000 per week.
You can read more details on Borrow A Boat by heading to the official website for further information.
Like what you see? Then fill your boots…
Want to bring a little glamour to your life every day with all the most exciting real-life stories, fashion and even sex tips HOT off the press?
Well, we've got you covered with our great new Hot Topics newsletter – it'll drop straight into your inbox around 7pm and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.
And signing up now means you'll get a front row seat for our great new series inside the lives of the next generation of Daily Star Page 3 girls.
You can sign up here – you won't regret it…
Matt, CEO and founder of Borrow A Boat, said: "Following the Prime Minister's roadmap out of lockdown, Borrow A Boat received a 600% increase in enquires.
"Of these, 30% were interested in UK sailing trips and the other 70% for sailing trips abroad.
"With self-catering holidays in the UK with your own household permissible from April 12, people will be able to take advantage of all the different waterways Britain can offer, be it lakes, rivers, canals, reservoirs or the sea.
"We've also seen a notable spike in enquiries for sailing holidays in the Mediterranean from May 17 onwards, with Greece, Croatia and Spain the most popular destinations."
Source: Read Full Article