Kuwait to resume commercial flights from August 1

Three-phase opening to start with airport capacity of 30%, building up to 60% before being allowed to operate fully

International flights to and from Kuwait, with the exception of repatriation flights and cargo operations, were suspended on March 13 as part of measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus.

Kuwait is to resume commercial flights to and from the country from August 1.

President of the Directorate General for Civil Aviation (DGCA), Sheikh Salman Al-Sabah, and senior DGCA officials briefed the cabinet on Monday about the three-phase plan to resume operations at Kuwait International airport (KIA).

[node:media_embed_0]

“The Kuwaiti Cabinet approves a three-phase plan to operate commercial flights from and to Kuwait from August 1, with an operating capacity not exceeding 30 percent in line with health requirements,” said a statement on the official Twitter account of state-run Kuwait News Agency.

Earlier this month, Minister of State for Services Affairs, Mubarak Al-Haris, said that Kuwait International airport would operate at 30 percent of its capacity initially, increasing to 60 percent in the second stage, and would be back to normal level in the third and final stage.

International flights to and from Kuwait, with the exception of repatriation flights and cargo operations, were suspended on March 13 as part of measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus.

To date, there have been 45,524 confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Kuwait since the onset of the pandemic, with 350 deaths recorded.

Arabian Business digital magazine: read the latest edition online

Source: Read Full Article