MSC Cruises has opened sales for the MSC World America and has provided some details about the 22-deck ship.
According to MSC’s website, the first cruise open for reservations is the departure on April 12, 2025.
The ship will sail from MSC’s new terminal at PortMiami (expected to open at the end of 2023), sailing seven-night eastern and western Caribbean itineraries during its inaugural season. The World America will accommodate 5,200 passengers at double occupancy.
MSC is describing the ship as “elegant European design meets American comfort.” It is the second ship in MSC’s World class (the MSC World Europa entered service last December). Like the World Europa, the World America will be fueled by liquefied natural gas.
One of the new experiences on an MSC ship will be The Harbor — an outdoor destination on Deck 20 with a water park. One of the slides will be a VR experience.
The Harbor also will feature a High Trail course and zipline, sensory play areas for young children, and the Harbor Lighthouse playground. Food trucks will serve snacks and refreshments.
Other MSC World America features:
• An outdoor World Promenade, where dining, lounging and entertainment options are paired with ocean views and LED light shows.
• The indoor World Galleria, lined with bars, restaurants, shops and boutiques. Above it all will be an LED and kinetic light ceiling.
• Among the six specialty restaurants will be two new concepts along with Butcher’s Cut steakhouse, Kaito Sushi and Teppanyaki and Hola! Tacos and Cantina.
• Luna Park Pizza & Burger will be a complimentary fast-food spot located next to Luna Park in the World Galleria.
• A sports bar will serve bar food like wings and sliders and offer games like darts and foosball.
• The ship will have a comedy club, a first for MSC Cruises.
• As for bars, The Gin Project will serve craft gins. Elixir will feature an outdoor terrace where guests can enjoy a cocktail before and after their dinner. The Masters of the Sea pub will make beer onboard.
• Coffee Emporium will serve French, Italian, Turkish and Moroccan coffees. Jean-Phillipe Chocolate Shop and Café will offer custom chocolates, coffee and other treats.
• Like the Europa, the America will have a 11-deck-high dry slide made of stainless steel.
Source: Read Full Article